Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ouch!

So I had my weekly acupuncture appointment this morning. Ping, my acupuncturist (doctor of chinese medicine really) usually puts in 5 needles, two on each side of my chin on the jaw and then one right smack in the middle of my chin. And its always so wierd because I can hear it go in and there is a sensation of it going in, but without any pain at all. (Don't believe anyone when they tell you that the needles don't hurt-there is usually a small sting and sometimes not so small depending on where it is inserted. On the feet, right between the toes for example, its a rather large ouch.)

Anyway! This time, when she put the needle in the chin, I actually could feel a small sting deep in the chin. It was quite exciting. I now have hope that I will actually get my feeling back. Yeah! Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see. But still, I'm excited!

7 comments:

Mrs. Shanton said...

Finally...the truth about acupunctue. It DOES hurt a teeny bit? I KNEW it! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it helps to restore your nerve function.

Unknown said...

Mary, I am so excited for you. Every little ouch is a happy moment for us, isn't it. Last night I felt the extended bit of archwire poking me that my ortho hadn't trimmed yet. Boy was I happy to get poked. Strange isn't it because in the past I would've been annoyed :D

Mary said...

Thanks Stef! And thanks Amy for your comment. Do you have a blog I can visit. When I click on your name I get an error message. M

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Mary,
That is great that you may be on your way to getting feeling back! I think you are banana's for letting someone stab needles in your chin,especially if it really does hurt! but hey, to each is own! LOL...

I think the Amy who posted is our Amy. She is not on Blogger.com but hurricane.net so that is why is doesn't show her when you click on her name.

Anyway...glad to hear things are moving in the right direction, that is really great news!

Mary said...

Thanks Brandy, I'm a little dense sometimes! My acupuncturist and her husband are actually well known (I have met people from around the world in their waiting room) for (among other things) success with nerve regeneration and I'm convinced that Ping's treatments helped me recover nerve damage from the benzos. So I'm hoping for the same success with my jaw surgery numbness. Its actually very relaxing once the needles are in. M

Maggie said...

Hey Mary! That's great - I hope you get your feelings back! Saw my MLD therapist again today. She said to stay hopeful within 2 years - as sometimes it could take that long. Not that you and I will have to wait that long! :) Keep us posted on how it goes.

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.