Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 4 Post #2 Surgery



I wanted to thank everyone for their comments and encouragement. Sometimes I question my sanity for going through all this at my age (I'll be 50 in April!). Not just for tearing up my gums for example, but for spending all this money. So its really nice to get your support.

As for the swelling, its already come way down. I still feel wiped out and beat up after the long surgery and my stomach is not too happy with the antibiotic and the anti-inflammatory (which I had to stop). Luckily I've had very little pain. Like with the jaw advancement & genio, my mouth is starting to wake up with twinges and zaps. Its interesting how numb I am again which does give me some indication of the feeling I had regained. My nerve is still intact and I am still hopeful of eventually getting all of my feeling back.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Hi Mary! Wow. How are you feelin'? Yes, I know what you mean - questioning the sanity of going through it all at this age, at ANY age. But it was medically necessary. It's like fixing a limp, or improving your vision. Would you not do it if you had the option? :) I wish you a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I totally agree with what Kristen said; and I'd like to add that my mum had double jaw surgery when she was 57, so you see! :-)

Have a speedy recovery.

Mylene