Friday, May 30, 2008

Implant Update: Good News and Bad!


So I saw my surgeon yesterday. Of course I was a little anxious. This was the appointment where I would have an xray of my implants to find how my implants were doing. And the good news is yes, Dr. Kaufman was happy how the implants looked and in a few more weeks I can get the abutments and crowns put on. Yeah!! I'm so excited. But he also saw a shadow under a tooth on the bottom where I have a crown and told me I would need a root canal. Ugh!

3 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Wow Mary, that is an awesome x-ray! You can really see your BSSO screws and genio plate too! The implants looks so huge don't they? I'm finally getting my crown placed tomorrow morning. It's been 2 years in the making but things are finally coming to fruition!

Thanks for the scrapbooking link you included the other day. I'm going to check it out.

Wishing you well, and definitely keep us posted as you progress through the whole crown placement. Talk to you soon!

Tara said...

That's a really cool x-ray! I just had my healing cap put on for my implant! Hopefully in 5 weeks the whole thing will be over! What will we do with all of the free time from not worring about our teeth?

Kam said...

Hi there! Thanks for adding me! That is a really neat x-ray. That's excellent that your implants are doing well! I'm so sorry you need a root canal, though :(