Thursday, November 30, 2006

Still Numb After All These Weeks

Its been just 5 weeks past my surgery and I'm still completely numb in my chin and bottom lip. I finally had the "hardware" removed from the bottom of my mouth, oh what a relief that was. Although my gums are pretty messed up. But seems like things are healing. I saw my orthodontist today to get the hooks removed and he put in new wires and is now starting to move some bottom teeth. I'm anxious to get the braces off and put all of this behind me.

I'm eating more, soft steamed vegies, really soft fish, mahtzo balls. But its not going so well with the chewing so I still tend to stick to really soft things or mushy soups. My teeth don't really know where to settle. Still holding steady at the 5 pound loss. Everthing I see on TV looks good, even the McRibs!

I am still using the torture device and am almost at the 4 point mark.

I still look like a chipmunk.

No comments: