Thursday, December 07, 2006

Six Week Update

I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!
I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!I am still numb on my chin and bottom lip!

3 comments:

Mrs. Shanton said...

Dahlink: Count on being numb for MONTHS, and maybe longer. I'm figuring that at my age (38, almost 39) I will have some degree of permanent numbness. The only way I'm going to recover is to get used to the new sensation, or lack thereof. My surgeon was pretty nonchalant about it. I don't know....

Mary said...

Thanks for your encouragement. I guess I am the impatient sort. Other than the numbness, I am doing just fine. I am even eating more normal foods although no meat or anything like that. But I can eat things like cheese raviolis and mahtzo ball soup and even rice and fish. So do you think that age and numbness are related. I spoke with one woman who went to my surgeon who is in her early 50's and most of her numbness is gone. I'm hoping to regain my feeling in lip and chin entirely. M

Mrs. Shanton said...

Mmmmmmmm....Mahtzo ball soup...

My mouth hurts from the new wires. My surgeon pretty much warned me that age is a risk factor for numbness. But she said ultimately, it's not that bad. She said the consequence may amount to not knowing you have a grain of rice stuck to your chin. No big deal. But she said, "If you were 17 years old? We wouldn't even have to have this conversation." So, anyway. But good luck. I guess secretly, I'm hoping most of it goes away.