Thursday, November 01, 2007

Scan Results--Implants are a Go


The other day when I mentioned to some of my co-workers that I was seeing my surgeon for an implant consultation, I got some funny looks. I guess you have to say "dental implants." Anyway, so I saw my surgeon and after a long chat, we decided that we would go ahead with the lower implants. I can either have the implants without a bone graft from my hip by moving my nerve during the surgery (risky of course) or I can have the bone graft to build up my bone so that he won't have to go through the nerve. My nerve is very close to the surface of the bone.

My surgeon was actually pleased when I told him that I was getting some feeling back in my lower chin area. He didn't really expect it. So he is going to be talking to my new dentist and my orthodontist and in the next few weeks I will get a plan (and of course find out the expense) for how we are going to proceed.

I think its going to be 5 implants on the bottom and 2 on the top, but I will know more in a few weeks.

Yeah, no more partial. I'm so excited!!!!

3 comments:

Shontelly said...

I have to say that your hair is AWESOME! I love those gray streaks. ..and that's all I have to say about that.. LOL Only because I know nothing of implants!! =D Have a great weekend.

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...

I was also going to say your hair looks great.

Wow, 7 implants!! You are going to be so happy
to get rid of that partial. I am so happy with my
implants!