Saturday, April 21, 2007

Thursday, Not Monday


Slight delay in the "de-bracing." I called my dentist to tell him the braces are coming off on Monday and he said that he needed them to be on for my appointment on Tuesday when he is going to add some bonding to the lower teeth to build them up. Apparently they have become grinded (grounded?) down over the years because of my overbite. So instead of getting the braces off on Monday, it will be Thursday afternoon. Dr. Dybnis made it sound like the de-bracing would cause some pain and/or discomfort. Mmmm, haven't heard that from anyone. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, here is an updated photo taken at Spagos. Right before the batteries went dead. My bottom lip and chin are still completely numb on top. My lip has been burning a lot and it feels like something is pressing across it making it kind of pushed in against my teeth. Dr. Dybnis told me that he has no patients who have a numb lip or chin in their 60s so he thinks that everyone gets their feeling back eventually. Gee, that's comforting!

4 comments:

Mrs. Shanton said...

Lookin' good there, Mary! Can't tell from lookin' at you that you have numbness. Sorry that's still bothering you. But I'd feel really great about the burning and pressure sensations. Those are good signs.

Mmmmmmmm....SPAGO. Sounds like you had fun!

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Mary,
Bummer that you have to wait, but hey, Thursday will be here soon enough I'm sure!

Wow Spago's, I'm jealous! Sounds like you are definitely running with the right crowd if they are taking for lunch There!

Sorry to hear about your lip, but remember, I'm 14 months out from SARPE, and just in the last 3 weeks got full feeling back in my upper teeth. It will come, it just takes longer for us 40 some things! :)

Maggie said...

Mary, you look GREAT! You have such nice bone structure. About the numbness - I still have some numbness in my lower lip and chin. It's been almost three months since the surgery. The feelings are s-l-o-w-l-y coming back, though, and it feels less numb every week. Know what I mean? :)

Spago. I feel like I'm reading a page from Us Magazine! :)

Graham said...

Getting the braces off is uncomfortable but nothing too bad. Most of the brackets will pop off easily with the tool they use but some may be quite stuck and they will need to yank on them. It goes fast though. Cleaning the glue off is probably the worst since it takes so long by comparison and the tool sounds like a drill though I'm not sure if it actually is one or not. You'll be glad when it's over but in hindsight you'll be thinking it wasn't so bad. This was my experience when I had my lower brackets repositioned anyway.